As a Staff Software Development Engineer in DPE Team (Developer Productivity Engineering) you will be working in a highly collaborative environment, and design & develop test frameworks, tools and infrastructure to improve the Developer productivity & efficiency.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape our technologies, products and business. We enable security teams to effectively secure public and private clouds – AWS, Azure or collocations – by eliminating repetitive, manual and labor-intensive security tasks. Security teams operate security at the same
pace as DevOps, which relies on automated tools to publish daily updates to the cloud.
What You’ll Do:
- Build effective tool chains across build, testing stack, standing up test environments in
the most efficient & automated way.
- Create practical, useful & reliable tools & infrastructure that solves day-to-day challenges
of test automation.
- Assists developers in getting CI & CD pipeline design and tooling related to that.
- Create data generation & manipulation tools that meets the requirements across the
entire data pipeline.
- Understand the requirements from different developer teams and attempts to create
unified and modular solutions that can be leveraged across the org.
- Work alongside Developers to automate reference tests and identify requirements on
infrastructure that can be broadly applied to the entire team.
- Create, enhance the common framework where required or build new frameworks based
on the needs of the specific feature.
- Enables developers to write tests to achieve deployment-ready code.
- Validate Systems-level modifications and updates.
- Provide upstream feedback for improvements in reliability, upgradeability & testability.
- Participate in design reviews, providing feedback.
- Perform greenfield deployments.
- Mentor other engineers.
What You’ll Bring:
- Passionate about developer experience
- 7 or more years of software engineering experience
- Solid programmer who can come up with usable solutions at a rapid pace
- Software engineer who has built products, applications, test frameworks, tools
- Solid understanding of all the development phases – code, build, test, CI, deploy
- Experience in various technology pieces that are used in the entire development
lifecycle – Maven, Build tools, CI tools, artifact repositories, deployment automation
- Strong experience in more than one programming languages – Python, Java, Go, – and
open to working with others
- Extensive experience testing microservices based multi-tiered web applications, and
complex data-driven applications.
- Strong experience with atleast one public cloud provider AWS/Azure/GCP and
- Experience working with Docker containers, ECR/GCR registries
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, Git, Shippable, Docker
- Familiarity with mocking & simulation tools
- Experience in SQL databases and writing idempotent SQL for CI will be a big plus
- DevOps and/or SRE experience a huge plus!
- Effective verbal communication skills.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Remote work opportunity
- Remote workplace setup
- Comfortable work in your local time zone
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional growth and development
- Paid trips to professional conferences
- Multicultural working environment
Please send us a brief message about yourself with your most updated CV for consideration. We review all incoming resumes, and if we’re a match, we’ll set up your first intro call.
Head of Recruitment
Ekaterina Semenova – firstname.lastname@example.org
We have received your application and will get back to you shortly with next steps.