Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for experienced and self-motivated software engineers for a Software Engineer Backend (Java/NodeJS) position to join our growing international company to be part of something that hasn’t been done before!
As a Software Engineer on this project, you will partner with your teammates to ensure our software is of the highest quality and that we meet all of our deliverables on a demanding schedule. You should be self-motivated and engaged. You will partner with our global teams, other domains and the Architecture team to help shape our technical vision and deliver systems that serve our consumers worldwide.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute code to the team’s business deliverables
- Create code that can be easily read and managed by other developers
- Utilize the best coding practices suitable for the project
- Participate in design sessions and implementation plans.
- Resolve technical issues and remove blockers for your team
- Encourage innovation with new technologies and elegant solutions
- Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and releasing software continuously using automation and monitoring
- Ensure successful quality software with emphasis on Security, Privacy, Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Performance
- Work through dependencies and integration with other engineering teams
- Define technical options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility.
What You’ll Need:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 4+ years’ experience in highly distributed systems with high transaction volume
- Experience with working on projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and design patterns
- Solid knowledge of web technologies and application stacks built on Java and Node.js using microservices on cloud-native architecture
- Experience designing APIs and creating RESTful microservices
- Experience with both relational and No-SQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB etc)
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, test-driven development, static analysis, and automated unit/integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred.
- AWS Cloud development experience
- Experience delivering software in a Scrum development process
- e-Commerce experience will be a big plus
- Fluency in English at a level not lower than Upper-Intermediate
- Non-technical interview – 30 minutes introduction call.
- Technical interview (2 rounds on 2 different days) – 1,5-2 hours depending on the grade of the candidate. At the interview, you may be asked to present your portfolio or developed website with your design.
- Discussion of interview results
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation support
- Remote work opportunity
- Remote workplace setup
- Comfortable work in your local time zone
- Flexible work schedule
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Professional growth and development
- Paid trips to professional conferences
- Multicultural working environment
Please send us a brief message about yourself with your most updated CV for consideration. We review all incoming resumes, and if we’re a match, we’ll set up your first intro call.
Head of Recruitment
Ekaterina Semenova – firstname.lastname@example.org
We have received your application and will get back to you shortly with next steps.