Who We’re Looking For:
Jaxel is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer Backend (Java) to join our growing family. You will have significant responsibilities and influence in shaping the future direction of our company. This role is inherently multi-functional and the ideal candidate will work across many fields. Successful candidates will possess strong engineering and communication skills. You will need to have a passion for quality and the ability to understand sophisticated systems.
As a software engineer, responsibilities include:
- Working with your local team and other geographically dispersed engineering teams to provide technical expertise on development and аchitecture.
- Partner with the product owner to understand requirements and define an MVP for features and agree upon timelines.
- Collaborating with other engineering teams and architecture to develop new features.
- Working with infrastructure teams to ensure we have the right store environment for the proper functioning of the applications
- Working with application privacy and security teams to ensure the application is properly architected and maintained.
As part of this world-class team you will be working on:
- Participate in technical development and delivery of backend services in retail and commercial environments.
- Ensure quality of the code and products throughout the entire development lifecycle (DevOps).
- Ensure continuous improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, usability, and availability of the platform.
- Leverage agile methodology concepts for quality, delivery and continuous improvement.
- Participate in sprint planning and other scrum ceremonies. Help team plan and execute sprint tickets.
- Monitoring and supporting the health of services in production.
- 7+ years of professional experience in application engineering
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in Java
- Experienced in building microservices
- Nice to have experience in AWS/GCP/Azure-based microservices
- SQL and NoSQL DB
- Experience with CICD (eg. Jenkins)
- Experienced in automated functional testing using tools like Cucumber
- Well versed with Agile methodology, TDD, BDD
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Non-technical interview – 30 minutes introduction call.
- Technical interview (2 rounds) – 1-2 hours depending on the grade of the candidate. Includes an assessment of your technical skills in the context of the technology stack declared in the vacancy and the total work experience in the profession. At the interview, you may be asked to perform a technical test (live coding).
- Discussion of interview results
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation support
- Remote work opportunity
- Remote workplace setup
- Comfortable work in your local time zone
- Flexible work schedule
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Professional growth and development
- Paid trips to professional conferences
- Multicultural working environment
Please send us a brief message about yourself with your most updated CV for consideration. We review all incoming resumes, and if we’re a match, we’ll set up your first intro call.
Head of Recruitment
Ekaterina Semenova – firstname.lastname@example.org
We have received your application and will get back to you shortly with next steps.