Who you will work with:
In the Jaxel team, you will play a critical senior software engineer role in providing programming interfaces and micro services to internal and external ecommerce partners, and work with the architecture team to come up with technical direction and solution. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be partnered with your teammates to ensure our software is of the highest quality and that we meet all of our deliverables on a demanding schedule. Lead Software engineer in this team will partner with global teams, other domains and the Architecture team to help shape our technical vision and deliver systems that serve our consumers worldwide.
What You’ll Need:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 8+ years’ experience in highly distributed systems with high transaction volume
- Experience with working on projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and design patterns
- Solid knowledge of web technologies and application stacks built on Java using microservices on cloud native architecture
- Experience designing APIs and creating RESTful microservices
- Experience with both relational and No-SQL databases
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, test driven development, static analysis, and automated unit/integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred.
- AWS Cloud development experience (EC2, S3, SQS, Lambda,DynamoDB, Cloudformation)
- Experience delivering software in a Scrum development process
- e-Commerce experience is a plus
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute code to the team’s business deliverables
- Participate in design sessions and implementation plans.
- Resolve technical issues and remove blockers for your team
- Encourage innovation with new technologies and elegant solutions
- Peer review teammate’s code
- Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and release software continuously using automation and monitoring
- Evaluate technical decisions and their impact on the architecture
- Help onboard new team members
- Ensure successful quality software with emphasis on Security, Privacy, Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Performance
- Work through dependencies and integration with other engineering teams
- Advocate technical direction, define best practices and principles
- Partner with the Product Owner to drive clarity on requirements. Define technical options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility.
Education and Certificates
AWS cloud certification is a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Remote work opportunity
- Remote workplace setup
- Comfortable work in your local time zone
- Flexible work schedule
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Professional growth and development
- Multicultural working environment
Please send us a brief message about yourself with your most updated CV for consideration. We review all incoming resumes, and if we’re a match, we’ll set up your first intro call.
Head of Recruitment
Ekaterina Semenova – firstname.lastname@example.org
We have received your application and will get back to you shortly with next steps.