Who We’re Looking for:
We are seeking strong experienced and talented candidates for the Senior Software Engineer Backend (Java/NodeJS) position. You will write and modify application code based on the requirement, and collaborate on development and technical activities with team members.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute code to the team’s business deliverables
- Participate in design sessions and implementation plans.
- Resolve technical issues and remove blockers for your team
- Encourage innovation with new technologies and elegant solutions
- Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and releasing software continuously using automation and monitoring
- Evaluate technical decisions and their impact on the architecture
- Ensure successful quality software with emphasis on Security, Privacy, Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Performance
- Work through dependencies and integration with other engineering teams
- Define technical options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of experience in highly distributed systems with high transaction volume
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with working on projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and design patterns
- Solid knowledge of web technologies and application stacks built on Java and Node.js using microservices on cloud-native architecture
- Experience designing APIs and creating RESTful microservices
- Experience with both relational and No-SQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB etc)
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, test-driven development, static analysis, and automated unit/integration tests.
- Continuous delivery experience preferred.
- AWS Cloud development experience
- Experience delivering software in a Scrum development process
- The e-Commerce experience is a plus
- Fluency in English at a level not lower than Upper-Intermediate
- Non-technical interview – 30 minutes introduction call.
- Technical interview (2 rounds on 2 different days) – 1.5-2 hours depending on the grade of the candidate. At the interview, you may be asked to present your portfolio or developed website with your design.
- Discussion of interview results
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation support
- Remote work opportunity
- Remote workplace setup
- Comfortable work in your local time zone
- Flexible work schedule
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Professional growth and development
- Paid trips to professional conferences
- Multicultural working environment
Please send us a brief message about yourself with your most updated CV for consideration. We review all incoming resumes, and if we’re a match, we’ll set up your first intro call.
Head of Recruitment
Ekaterina Semenova – email@example.com
We have received your application and will get back to you shortly with next steps.