Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer to join our INFRA squad. As individual contributors of our engineering team at Jaxel, the Infrastructure/DevOps Engineer brings world class technical abilities to build and deliver a high availability/scalability, secure, and efficient IaC foundation to our cloud platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, manage, and improve cloud infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tooling: Terraform / Terragrunt.
- Build, manage and improve CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Spinnaker).
- Improve and build observability, uptime, and readiness metrics to detect problems and maintain our SLAs.
- Deliver improvements that reduce and eliminate incidences and late night pages.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Delivering quality work in an agile delivery model within a team environment.
- Drive security compliance by implementing common security tooling and services such as secrets managers, intrusion detection, security information and event management, and web application firewalls.
- Create and maintain documentation for internal teams and development communities.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years working experience executing large scale deployments on a broad array of services within AWS cloud (EKS, S3, EC2, MSK, DMS, RDS, DocumentDB, Lambda, KMS, Route53, VPC, etc).
- 3+ years working experience building and running containerized workloads for Kubernetes (EKS is preferred) using Docker, Helm, Kustomize, cert-manager.
- 2+ years working experience with Terraform / Terragrunt.
- 2+ years working experience with implementing, maintaining CI/CD Pipelines (Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc ).
- Experience (preferrably Terraforming) with monitoring tools like Datadog or Grafana.
- Experience with Git.
- Strong language skills with bash/zsh shell and at least one of Python/TypeScript/Go/Java.
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates.
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to continuously improve the environment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- An inclination towards inclusion, candor, and transparency.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Sense of humor is a must!
Nice to have:
- Understanding of how Kafka works.
- Knowledge of Azure and/or GCP cloud services such as CosmosDB, Databricks, Event Hubs, Azure DevOps and ADF, etc.
- Experience configuring and supporting Kong or any other API gateway.
- Experience with GitOps tools like Flux or ArgoCD.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Relocation support.
- Remote work opportunity.
- Remote workplace setup.
- Comfortable work in your local time zone.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Professional growth and development.
- Multicultural working environment.
Please send us a brief message about yourself with your most updated CV for consideration. We review all incoming resumes, and if we’re a match, we’ll set up your first intro call.
Head of Recruitment
Ekaterina Semenova – firstname.lastname@example.org
We have received your application and will get back to you shortly with next steps.