- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 4+ years’ experience in highly distributed systems with high transaction volume
- Experience with working on projects in highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary development teams
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and design patterns
- Solid knowledge of web technologies and application stacks built on Java, Node.js using microservices on cloud native architecture
- Experience designing APIs and creating RESTful microservices
- Experience with modern build strategies, continuous integration, unit testing, test driven development, static analysis, and automated unit/integration tests. Continuous delivery experience preferred.
- Cloud development experience (AWS preferred)
- Experience delivering software in a Scrum development process
- e-Commerce experience is a plus
- Contribute code to the team’s business deliverables
- Participate in design sessions and implementation plans.
- Resolve technical issues and remove blockers for your team
- Encourage innovation with new technologies and elegant solutions
- Peer review teammate’s code
- Practice DevOps ensuring a culture of testing and release software continuously using automation and monitoring
- Evaluate technical decisions and their impact on the architecture
- Help onboard new team members
- Ensure successful quality software with emphasis on Security, Privacy, Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Performance
- Work through dependencies and integration with other engineering teams
- Partner with the Product Owner to drive clarity on requirements. Define technical options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility.
On the Commerce in the Checkout team, you will play a critical role in providing programming interfaces and micro services to internal and external ecommerce partners. Checkout is the place where users place orders and handle tens of millions requests on a daily basis, which involves complexity far more than any other ecommerce competitors have.
As a Middle Software Engineer, you will be partnered with your teammates to ensure our software is of the highest quality and that we meet all of our deliverables on a demanding schedule. Middle Software engineers in this team will partner with global checkout, other DTC domains and the Architecture team to help shape our technical vision and deliver systems that serve our consumers worldwide.
Please send us a brief message about yourself with your most updated CV for consideration. We review all incoming resumes, and if we’re a match, we’ll set up your first intro call.
Head of Recruitment
Ekaterina Semenova – email@example.com
We have received your application and will get back to you shortly with next steps.