Jaxel is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Full Stack Software Engineer with experience in back end web applicationdevelopment. This role is critical in the evolution of our client’s brand by working with the team
taking client’s web-platform to the next phase of its evolution. In addition to a strong technical background, the ideal candidate must possess outstanding interpersonal skills. The position requires excellence in communication, both written and verbal, including the ability to work well with stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds with varying levels of technical knowledge.
Scope of Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of SQL and database schema design
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
Proven Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience and 5 with backend development teams working on complex development projects
- Solid UI design skills, ability to build a reliable, efficient and good-looking single page web application.
- Experience with UI build systems and package managers, such as Webpack & npm, including build issues troubleshooting.
- In-depth knowledge and experience designing and developing complex, scalable web-based tools using Java and/or Scala
- Demonstrated background developing innovative backend solutions for dynamic web sites – how they scale, how they work with other services, and how they may break
- Dedicated problem-solver who can work in a fast paced environment where multiple releases are a fact of life
- Ability to size technical efforts accurately
- A focus on quality, with experience writing unit tests (for both UI and server-side parts) and collaborating with quality engineering to develop test plans
- Experience collaborating with other team members in multiple teams diagnosing and debugging complex systems, and participating in investigating build, deployment and operational issues
- Knowledge of Linux stack, and comfort with Bash commands
- Experience with web application security and incorporating security into the software development lifecycle
- Familiar with database architecture, scalability, performance, and tuning
- In depth knowledge of source version control software (Git)
- Experience collaborating with other technical teams on DevOps responsibilities for application deployment, performance, monitoring, reliability and scalability
- Preferred experience with Docker, configuration management systems such as Kubernetes or similar grid computing technologies, CI build tools such as Jenkins, and logging and monitoring tools like Splunk
- Willingness to take the initiative to solve problems
- Proven capabilities to work under pressure and tight deadlines to solve critical issues
- Able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions
- Strong oral and written communicator, with good interpersonal skills
- Able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team and across organizations
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid holidays and sick days
- Remote work opportunity
- Remote workplace setup
- Comfortable work in your local time zone
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional growth and development
- Paid trips to professional conferences
- Multicultural working environment
Please send us a brief message about yourself with your most updated CV for consideration. We review all incoming resumes, and if we’re a match, we’ll set up your first intro call.
Head of Recruitment
Ekaterina Semenova – email@example.com
We have received your application and will get back to you shortly with next steps.